Sunday 3 November 2013

New beginings

I just wanted to start this blog with a dear, but then quickly realised that this is not an email or I am not writing for somebody or maybe I am and I haven't caught your name yet! So I have named this post a new beginning and began thinking how many such occasions have I had now in my life. Couple of years ago I had one of those moments where you sit with yourself in deep reflection of your where your life is heading and believe it or not this happens to me more often than the average person. In my midst of reflection I made a promise that if god willed that every so often when I loose my umff of passion to just get up and look for new experiences, adventures which could possibly give a sense of personal growth and a sense of making a difference somehow. Am I making sense here. So I decided roughly I would do this every 3 years since over the years I have the pleasure of getting to know myself pretty well I quickly realised that that is the longest time I can last in an environment before I get a move on symptom and a year ago was that moment.

What happened was that upon quickly realising I needed a new start I originally applied to a position abroad and the whole process took a year or so and things were too complicated and sadly it was impossible to make a reality. However straight after this an opportunity opened up and it was not abroad but here in the UK but in a different city far from home. This meant that I had to leave my family home, start of in a new city, knowing no-one and basically getting on with it. A year on I  must say this has been the most challenging, enriching, humbling experiences I have ever had with a twist of self discovery and appreciation with a glimpse of hope, happiness and light. I therefore would like to begin my forthcoming posts with sharing my experiences of what I see, experience and learn.


So for next time..................

No comments: