Saturday 15 December 2012

Last time I wrote anything here was the beginning of 2012! This comes to show how quickly time passes and that hours go by like weeks and weeks like months and months like years. Further to this in my last post I mentioned what new year means to me and its quite ironic that I am writing this just before the end of that year and the beginning of a new. Generally just before any new year you will hardly find me partying hard (as if!) nor will you find me in an exotic island having a holiday. Nope. You will most often find me by myself (if I can with such a large family but its possible)in isolation for some reflection. Funnily enough its usually also my birthday at this time of the year as well which unfortunately does not help because it adds to the thinking. Gosh I am really depressing you am I not? Hopefully you will see my point in this and hopefully I will try to make sense! What I am really trying to say is that its there are a lot of things for me to be grateful for. Looking back at 2012 I have experienced a lot, and its the only year I can truly say that I have made decisions which has which has shifted my equilibrium 360 degrees. However the decisions have been risky but has set me off in a new direction submerged in something that is completely new to me in a completely new environment. Someone ones said to me that its not your environment that will do something for you but its what you can do in the environment you are in. Certainly this quote has stayed with me for a long time and I am still trying to embody it till this day. Having said this this years reflection will involve a lot of gratefulness (as all years) that I have been able to experience lots of laughter, joy, challenges, opportunities, obstacles, spiritual growth, contentment, changes, alteration in mind-set, inner growth (and outer more grey hairs!, humility and
peacefulness. I truly whish each and everyone of us well and will leave you with another quote that I think is befitting to add on here and now: "Faith makes dreams possible, Hope makes efforts worthwhile and Joy makes any outcome beautiful". May the new year bring us all three and may we achieve more possibilities. Until next time.........

No comments: